Be part of something BIG
will the real disruptors please stand up
Help Build A Healthier, Better Canada
Are you a master storyteller with a passion for healthy living? Are you a certified expert in any, or all, of these categories: healthy eating, physical activity, mental health, sexual health, financial literacy? Can you transform data into compelling content that inspires an audience? Are you an influencer who has a knack for inspiring audiences and motivating change? Yes? Then keep reading!
Who We Are
The Carrot Rewards app is the world’s first national public platform that rewards users for making healthier choices. Users are rewarded with points they actually want—while driving sustained lifestyle behaviour changes nationwide. The Carrot platform was created in collaboration with public and private sector agencies along with the three leading Canadian health NGOs. With over a million downloads across Canada and over one trillion steps tracked, Carrot is the most popular and trusted engagement platform in the country.
We have a solid roster of professional writers who are passionate about the topics they write about—but we’re looking to grow. A natural interest in educating Canadians so they can make healthier, more informed lifestyle choices is an absolute requirement.
We’re seeking seasoned, professional writers, from across Canada, who can perform thorough research on various topics and have a keen eye for detail, a knack for data incorporation, and the ability to seamlessly adopt our “voice”.
We are currently recruiting freelance writers, with the ability to understand and write for a Canadian-based audience. The role involves developing engaging content that motivates Canadians to make better everyday lifestyle choices while adhering to brand and style guidelines.
What we are looking for:
- A talented and versatile writer
- Excellent written and verbal English communication, with minimum five years of experience in blog writing that are SEO-optimized
- A self-motivated, independently-working individual with strong project management experience
- Perform research on different topics and be able to tell stories through data analysis by incorporating Carrot metrics
- Write content with readers’ needs in mind
- Ensure your pieces are accurate, objective, and inclusive
- Establish contacts and sources to use in future research
- Consistently high level of attention to detail, accuracy, and proofreading skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines with a positive demeanor
- Proven work experience as a writer or journalist
- Demonstrable portfolio of published articles
- Computer proficiency (MS Office, digital editing, web search and databases)
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Ability to follow strict deadlines and fact-check information
- Good observation skills
- A. degree in journalism, communications or relevant field in area of expertise
How to apply:
If you are interested and meet the criteria specified above, please apply below or send your application to email@example.com. In the subject line, clearly include: Freelance Writer + your area of expertise (healthy eating, physical activity, mental health, sexual health, financial literacy).
Your submission package must include:
- Your digital portfolio of previously published work related to healthy eating, physical activity, mental health, sexual health and/or financial literacy
- Your CV
- One 600 – 800 word SEO-friendly, inspiring article, using one of the following topics:
- Healthy Eating – How to interpret and analyze sodium labels OR nutrition facts tables.
- Physical Activity – Within the Canadian Physical Activity Guidelines, how to effectively achieve daily physical activity goals.
- Mental Health – How to build social support networks in your community as a way to combat loneliness.
- Sexual Health – Importance of screening practices for HPV/prostate cancer, OR Reproductive health issues experienced by men and women. (i.e. endometriosis, miscarriage, erectile dysfunction)
- Financial Literacy – Effectively budgeting to achieve financial goals OR developing healthy saving habits for all stages of life.
We look forward to hearing from you!